ok, so this post is directed to YOU! You know who you are... you've been working for months to lose/gain fat/muscle and it's just not happening... or not happening as fast as you think it should. You tried this one plan your friend told you about and after a few weeks you lost faith in it and moved on to another one. You missed a few weeks of workouts cause you hurt yourself, or got sick, or lost motivation, but you're gonna start up again next week and hopefully do a better job sticking with it this time.
You think you are eating ok... I mean if you want to lose fat you need to reduce calories, right? So you've been eating before work and before bed, and trying to stick with veggies and rice cakes. It's hard, but it will pay off! Conversely, you're trying to get huge- all the big guys in the gym say they eat like 5000 calories a day. It seems like a lot, but your are eating a cup of peanut butter and as many french fries as possible to hit that number every day!
You just have no clue what you are doing. You know that you need to do something, and you know you aren't happy, but you just feel lost and powerless to change anything. You would get a trainer at the gym but they probably wouldn't understand your dietary needs... plus aren't trainers expensive??
YOU need help.
YOU need a coach! Here's why:
- Having an expert to help you make a plan that specifically meets your personal needs and goals is invaluable! Stop wasting your time with plans that don't quite work for your needs.
- A diet coach can help you to figure out exactly what your nutritional requirements are and how you can meet them. Abs are made in the kitchen right? Or at least our ability to see them under the layer of fat on our tummies is... Eating is over half the battle in reaching your goals.
- Most importantly a coach can offer you motivation, accountability, and confidence in your plan. No matter what your goals, you will see faster and better results when you have the help of an expert and you have someone to report to.
Here's what you CAN'T expect from a coach:
- Someone to erase the bad eating choices you made over the weekend.
- A physical transformation if you don't follow the plan.
- Free services or advice- after all this is how they make their living.
I know I would not have been able to reach my goals without the help of my diet and training coach- who I highly recommend. Now that I am preparing for competition I am going to a posing coach as well. Look around and find the right person for YOU. Someone you can relate to, who will understand your goals and support you but also push you when you need it. Someone you feel you can trust with your personal health- because that is really what your diet and fitness equate to!