Tuesday, February 12, 2013

new protein, exercises of the week, dips, and dips

So, first thing... I walked in to the house today to find a giant box of the new flavor of Plant Fusion Protein, Cookies n' Creme, sitting in my kitchen. Very exciting. I drink so many protein shakes that it becomes ridiculous how excited I get when I have a new flavor option. I tried it today, and I don't want to give away any thoughts just yet. I want to see how my tummy likes it and all that, then give a full review tomorrow... So watch for that. Plant Fusion is sponsoring the Vegan Bodybuilding group I am competing with so we all got some product to try out and review and use to get huge for our july competition. Don't worry I will still give it a fair review!

Exercise of the week:
This week's eotw is WIDE GRIP PULL-UPS! I have been doing pull ups for years... Last night for the first time I did 8 unassisted pull-ups! On my third set even. I am super stoked because before this the most I had done was 5 underhand, which are easier for me. These were regular grip and wide... I have been doing them with 6-12lbs of assistance for a few weeks now and a few weeks ago started doing the sets using no assistance til failure, then adding assistance to finish my set. Can't wait til I am adding weight to this exercise!

This week I have an easy snack recipe for you to try. Low fat and high protein... I am adapting it from a 3x larger batch so taste as you go on the spices. I made it for a game night this weekend and it was requested that I share the recipe. Which of course I didn't write down...
Sundried Tomato and Basil Dip
1 package mori nu silken tofu
juice from 1/2 lemon
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried onion powder
a couple pinches salt
1/3 cup packed sundried tomatoes in oil, with the oil well drained off
1 cup basil leaves (I know this amount is super open to interpretation but just use a decent amount)

In your blender combine tofu, lemon juice, garlic, acv, olive oil, onion powder, and salt. Taste at this point for spice balance... you should be able to tell if you need more sour or not. In a food processor chop the sundried tomatoes and basil until they are in small pieces, add tofu mixture in a pulse a few times to thoroughly combine. Serve with veggies, or any kind of cracker/bread.

I am also including a video of last weeks exercise of the week cause I didn't have it to post then. Here I am impressing my boyfriend by doing 8 dips with a 20lb weight and then 4 more with no weight til exhaustion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment