Friday, May 13, 2011

Oooh a video... Recovery Drink


So I made this video a few weeks ago, but have wanted to post other stuff and was waiting to post the video until I had nothing else to write. I just got back from a little vacation on wednesday night, had awful awful cramps yesterday, and have been having some shoulder pain so I gave myself the day off. I did go rollerskating last night though so at least there was some activity...
Basically I haven't done my REAL workout in about 5 days between vacation and yesterday. We ran amuck in southern california and played at disneyland, but it wasn't exactly the same.
I have been kinda nursing my right shoulder for the last week or so. I don't know how or when I hurt it, but it sucks. It isn't debilitating, just bad enough that I wake up with it hurting in the morning and that it is stopping me from being able to do a shoulder workout. I am actually supposed to do my biceps and shoulders today, which is my favorite workout, but I think I am going to skip it this week and do the dumb yoga so that I don't risk making it worse.
Without further ado, here is the video...

This is a "recipe" for a 2:1 carb to protein post workout recovery drink. There is a pretty wide berth of opinions about what the proper carb to protein ratio should be post workout- the idea being that you need the carbohydrates to help with glycogen synthesis which make your muscles look and feel less depleted and you also need the protein to rebuild tissue. I usually do a 3:1 on cardio days and a 2:1 on lifting days... If it feels right, do it. Here is the nutritional breakdown for those two options:
2:1 using Vega Sport, normal lifting recovery drink


3:1 using Chocolate Sun Warrior, normal cardio recovery drink

Once I start getting that in my system I am usually able to get to work making a meal... Hope this helps! Anyone else have a good post workout recovery drink they swear by?

No comments:

Post a Comment